From the fields to the plate
Created in 2009 by 3 farmers, Philippe Morel, Loïc Boyer and Alain Maillot, the aim of this association is to share knowledge and a real passion.
Wanting to showcase their products and their profession, these men of the land offer travellers a chance to visit their farm and taste the fruit and vegetables of yesteryear. The visit is followed by a traditional lunch served on banana leaves.
Philippe Morel also offers a cookery workshop with a wood fire prior to the start of the visit.
A full day where visitors can immerse themselves in the life of a Creole farmer.
Schedule for the tour:
• 8am: Meet at the farm for the cookery workshop. Welcome by Mr Philippe Morel and meet the rest of the participants.
• Cookery workshop from 8am to 10am.
• 10am: Meet at the farm to join the 1st group and complete the cookery workshop
• Around 10am: share some delicious fried rice cooked on a wood fire (leftover rice, mixed with leftover cari)
• Tour of the farm's fields. Philippe will let everyone feel, touch and taste everything that they come across along the route (sugar cane, seasonal tropical fruits)
• Head back to the house
• Lunch together under the veranda: every traveller will taste the cari prepared that morning, served on banana leaves and eating with their fingers. A true traditional Creole meal to delight the taste buds. Dessert consists of delicious home made local cakes; and to finish, authentic roasted coffee
• After lunch, those who want to can stroll around the site: Philippe will be delighted to show you his beehives or continue to share his passion, his knowledge and his daily routine.
• Around 4:00pm. the tour ends
That little extra:
A real Creole meal cooked on a wood fire
Total immersion in the world of farming
Discover lost flavours, the fruit and vegetables of yesteryear
Reservations recommended 24 hours in advance
This experience takes place
• every Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday from March to June
• every Saturday and Sunday from July to February
The service provider reserves the right to cancel the tour, either the night before, or in the morning if the weather conditions are not suitable.
Min: 2 people / maximum 15 people
What to wear/bring:
Sportswear, waterproofs, sun cream, cap, change of shoes.
approximately 6 hours
13 years and over: €35 / person
From 6 to 12 years: €17.50 / child
This price includes: the cookery workshop (optional), the tour, lunch with drinks included.
For more information, go to the website:
Eastern Intercommunal Tourist Office: +262 (0)2 62 46 16 16 or +262 (0)6 92 79 33 01
|106 chemin Lamandière|